Administrators , Faculty , Institute Events
This photograph was taken during the Seventh Institute Day. The Annual Number “Institute Magazine” was released on Institute Days in the 1960s. It contained poems, articles and photographs contributed by the IIT Madras students, staff and faculty. They also provided reports from departments, the Gymkhana and other organisations from the Institute.
Prof. B. Sengupto (extreme left) was the first Director of IIT Madras (1959 to 1967) while Dr. A. L. Mudaliar (wearing a turban) was the first Chairman of the Institute (1959 to 1969). To the extreme right, we can see Dr. Raja Sir Muthiah Chettiar (Pro-Chancellor, Annamalai University and Member, Board of Governors).
Dr. N. Klein (staff-in-charge of the Literary Committee, behind the microphone) is also seated on the stage.
Standing, Mr. Srinivasan (Physical Training Instructor, on the left) and Mr. Dubey (Secretary to Registrar, on the right).
An identical photograph can be found in the Central Photographic Section Collection in Album 0017 under the ID: 001/0017/IMG_0602_1